2017 Eventing & Dressage Horse Shows
Horse Shows That Are Exciting And Fun
As our riders progress, they have the opportunity to participate in our monthly Dressage & Eventing shows, which are open to outside riders as well. We have a beautiful countryside USCTA recognized Cross Country course with a warm-up ring, 2 Dressage rings, and a large jumping ring for stadium jumping. All our stadium courses are different for every show.
2017 Show Dates:
|Show Dates||Judges||Closing Reg Dates|
|February 19, 2017 (Dresage Only) – Cancelled||TBA||February 13|
|March 19 (Dressage Only) – Cancelled||TBA||March 12|
|April 30 (All divisions)||TBA||April 20|
|May 21 (All divisions)||TBA||May 14|
|June 25 (All divisions) – See Show Results||Pat Piccillo||June 18|
|July 16 (All divisions) – Canceled||TBA||July 9|
|August 20 (All divisions)||TBA||August 13|
|September 17 (All divisions)||TBA||September 10|
|October 22 (All divisions)||TBA||October 15|
|November 12 (All divisions) – Cancelled||Cancelled||November 5|
|Winter Indoor Shows?||TBA||TBA|
Entry & Show Information
In order to make the entry process for our schooling event competitions as painless as possible, please adhere to the following:
- Download show entry form. download (PDF)
- Fill out the classes or division you are entering.
- Include a check made out to Oxbow Stables, Inc. to cover entry and horse fees. Credit cards are also accepted. You may keep a credit card on file, if you wish.
- Indicate any special requests, i.e. early or late times. We will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs.
Entry must be signed, include Coggins within 12 months and full payment to Oxbow Stables, Inc. Entries may be mailed, faxed or emailed and must be received by closing date with payment. Credit cards accepted. Entries received after the CD will incur a $25 late fee. $45 late fee for entries after times are scheduled. $10 office fee for changes made after CD. Non-negotiable check will void entry and incur a $35 fee. $25 grounds fee for non-competing horses. Must fill out entry form & supply current Coggins. $30 lost pinney fee.
Any dressage test may be ridden as a “Fix-A-Test,” Fee: $65. 2nd CT entered is $35 and ridden HC. Clear Round Jumping: 1st round: $20, 2nd round: $5; with CT entry: 1st round: $10, 2nd round: $5. Scheduled at end of division. Please pre-register. April show – CT at all levels. Cross Country Schooling: $40 horse/rider combination. Weather permitting.
Refund less $20 office fee given for cancellations before the closing date. No refunds will be given after the closing date. Credit for another Oxbow show will be given with vet or medical certificate.
Day stall fee: $35, Night stall fee: $50. Horses must have own water bucket, feed and hay. Bedding provided. Stall doors provided.
Prize and ribbons per class. (Minimum 3 entrants). Special Awards to be announced.
Available Friday prior to show at 973-209-8902. Include legible email to receive ride times by email.
There is Food & Drinks available for purchase. Safety vests required for Cross Country eventing. Medical armbands required for XC & SJ, No dogs please. Approved ASTM/SEI headgear with properly fitted harness required when mounted.USDF and USEA tests in small arena where indicated. Training tests may be in small arena. Footing: stone dust with rubber. Management reserves the right to cancel, combine or add classes and/or judges if entries warrant. Indicate Jr/Sr. on entry. Please state any special requests on entry: trailering with another competitor, riding multiple horses, specific times, etc.
(Fee: $35 per class)
- USDF Intro, Test A – Starter/Open* download test (PDF)
- USDF Intro, Test B – Starter/Open* download test (PDF)
- USDF Intro, Test C – Starter/ Open* download test (PDF)
- USEF Training Level Test 1 – Starter/ Open download test (PDF)
- USEF Training Level (Test of Choice) – download test (PDF)
- USEF First Level (Test of Choice) USEF Dressage Tests
- USEF Second Level (Test of Choice) USEF Dressage Tests
- USEF Rider Tests (Test of Choice) USEF Dressage Tests
- USEA Test (Test of Choice) USEA Dressage Tests
- Dressage Equitation ($20/ rider)
- Prix Caprilli
- Musical Freestyle**
- Western Dressage (Test of Choice) WDAA Dressage Tests
* Please state level: Starter horse or rider or Open or Green
** Please state level.
Combined Test & Horse Trials:
|Division||Combined Test||Horse Trials||Dressage||Cross Country||Show Jumping|
|Intro||$45||$60||Intro. Test A||12″ (No Time)||Cross Rails (No Time)|
|Elementary||$45||$60||Intro. Test B||18″ (No Time)||18″ (No Time)|
|Elem./Pre-Starter||~||$70||Intro. Test C||Pre·Starter Course||Elementary Course|
|Pre-Starter||$50||$75||Intro. Test C||2′ (Time Limit Only)||2′ (Time Limit Only)|
|Pre-Starter/Starter||~||$75||Beg. Nov. Test A||Pre-Starter Course||Starter Course|
|Starter||$50||$80||Beg. Nov.. Test A||2’3″,300 mpm||2’3″,275 mpm|
|Starter/Beg. Novice||~||$80||Beg. Nov. Test B||Starter Course||Beg. Novice Course|
|Beginner Novice||$55||$90||Beg. Nov.. Test B||2’7″, 325 mpm||2’7″, 300 mpm|
|Beg. Novice/Novice||~||$90||Novice Test A||Beg. Novice Course||Novice Course|
|Novice||$55||$95||Novice Test A||2’11”, 350 mpm||2’11”, 320 mpm|
|Novice/Training||~||$95||Training Test A||Novice Course||Training Course|
|Training CT||$60||~||Training Test A||N/A||3’3″, 325 mpm|
|Preliminary CT||$60||~||Prelim. Test A||N/A||3’7″, 325 mpm|
|West. Intro. CT||$60||~||West. Intro. T1||Obstacles in Ring||N/A|
|West. Starter CT||$70||~||West. Basic T1||Obstacles outside Ring||N/A|
|West. Novice CT||$80||~||West. Basic T3||Obstacles on XC||N/A|
|Lead line||$15/class||~||31A. Walk||31B. Walk/Trot||32C. W/T/XR|
|Short Stirrup||$20/class||~||32A. Walk/Trot||32B. W/T/half Seat||32C. Low X Rails|
Questions are welcome anytime, please call Tara 973-903-3722 or Contact Us
Oxbow Year End Awards
- Dressage Achievement Ribbons are awarded to those riders earning 65% or higher.
- Eventing Achievement Ribbons are awarded to those riders earning 35% or lower in dressage.
- Dressage High Score Awards will be awarded to riders in Starter Walk/Trot, Starter Walk/Trot/Canter, Training and First Level.
- Eventing High Score Awards will be awarded to riders at the Introductory, Elementary, Pre-Starter, Starter, Beg -Novice & Novice Levels.
- Riders must compete in a minimum of 4 shows.
- Equestrian of the Year. Voted on by the membership, awarded to that person who has shown the most progress in developing her/his horsemanship skills, both on and off the horse. To be chosen from those members who have earned “Equestrian of the Month”. A junior and an adult will be awarded.”